Natural Skin Beauty
Japanese Diet & Lifestyle Tips
The Japanese may be genetically predisposed to have young-
looking skin, but their lifestyle and diet also support natural
- The Japanese avoid the sun’s UV as much as possible by constantly protecting their skin with hats, umbrella, gloves, and UV-block creams (see the clever umbrella device in the photo).
- The Japanese walk and ride bicycles as part of their everyday routine. Make walking (exercising) part of your everyday routine. Be more active.
- One of the most important Japanese secrets for beautiful skin is water. The Japanese drink an average of 10 cups of green tea and mineral water each day. Drink a glass of water every hour to keep your skin fully hyrated and glowing.
- Your skin will benefit from a Japanese diet which emphasizes fish, fresh fruits, beans, and vegetables. Try to avoid skin un-friendly
sugars, processed and fried foods as much as possible.
- The Japanese superfood wakame is a seaweed
loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and protein, calcium, iron, potassium, and sodium, all of
which nourish the body inside and out.
Wakame has been shown to inhibit the
enzyme hyaluronidase which attacks the
skin’s supply of hyaluroic acid. Hyaluroic acid maintains skin elasticity and smoothness. Try
our easy wakame salad recipe.
Learn how Mirai’s advanced Japanese formulas
supports skin beauty.
View more Japanese age-defying lifestyle and recipe
tips on our blog.