As a holistic Japanese anti-aging brand, we talk about anti-aging skincare, body care, BO care, and hair care. Let’s add anti-aging eye care! We’re not talking about the skin around your eyes, but about your eye balls.
Moving a smart phone or a menu closer to your eyes automatically makes you look older. Presbyopia, or short-sightedness, is the loss of the eye’s ability to change its focus to see objects that are near. Presbyopia is a totally natural symptom. And, if it’s as natural as wrinkles, it’s also totally preventable or fixable.
- Look at your thumb and focus on it. Move the focal point as close to you as possible until it gets a little bit blurry.
- Then, look at a very far object suddenly. Find the point somewhere very far and keep focusing on it for a few seconds. The near point and the far point should be a straight line.
- Quickly switch back to your thumb point, and hold it for a few seconds.
- Switch back to the far point.
- Repeat this several times per day.
Do this while waiting for your drink at coffee shop, while waiting for someone, or anywhere really.
If you are already using reading glasses, try to use them less. Eye balls try to focus near point when without reading glasses, which is great training to reduce presbyopia. The less reading glasses, the better eyesight you get.