5 Tips to Take Care of Vaginal Odor
While vaginal odor may be a “hush hush” topic, it’s a very real concern for many, if not all, women. So, let’s learn how to prevent/reduce that peculiar odor.
First of all, it’s entirely normal for your vaginal area to have residue odor from urination and ammonia. It’s also a large entryway into the body, with mucous membranes that absorb foreign objects (see #5). So it is important to know how to keep it clean with smart hygiene.
Here are 5 tips to reduce the odor “down there”.
- Cleanse with a gentle wash, without sulfates or toxic chemicals. We highly recommend Mirai Clinical’s Purifying & Deodorizing Body Wash, as it has skin-friendly natural ingredients which protect the PH balance of that sensitive area. Plus our Japanese persimmon extract, nature’s odor eliminator, will dissolve any troublesome smells. Our customers say the Body Wash is especially effective during menstrual cycles.
- Don’t wash inside vagina. Good bacteria that actually reduce odor reside inside, so don’t wash them away. You might think washing inside helps reduce odor, but actually the opposite. Less is More.
- Don’t wait too long to pee. Retaining urine for extended periods does not support vaginal health. And urinating is a great way to detox! 20% of your detox comes from urine, 75% from feces, and 3% from sweat.
- Avoid tight underwear for better ventilation. Bacteria grow in humid and closed environments. It’s good to be pantie-less at home ever so often. Less is more!
- Avoid tampons if possible as mucous membranes inside vagina absorbs the tampon’s chemical ingredients. If you need to use it, try to find a chemical free one. Napkins are better than tampons, and of course chemical free napkins are even better, though more expensive. If you can’t find chemical free napkins, try putting organic cotton on the napkin so that the napkin doesn’t touch vagina directly.
- Koko's Blog
- Retail Stores
- Retail Stores Body
- Retail Stores Body
- Retail Stores Fabric
- Retail Stores Face
- Retail Stores Soap Bar